General terms and conditions
General Terms and conditions
(private accommodation, hotels)
ADAMO TRAVEL Agency ensures services according to the published information, description and schedule in accordance with confirmed reservations except in circumstances beyond our control.
2. RESERVATIONS AND PAYMENT
Inquires and reservations for accommodation can be made by e-mail, in writing or by fax. By confirming a reservation, the Traveller confirms that he/she is aware of the General Terms and conditions of the travel services and fully comprehends and accepts these terms which are binding for both the Traveller and the Agency. The Traveller is obligated to provide any information which is required for the reservation process.
- A deposit of apx. 20% is required for private accommodation booking, and the rest of the amount, directly at arrival and the beginning of the service
- A deposit of 30% is required for hotel booking, and the remaining amount must be paid no later than 21 days prior to the beginning of the service.
A Traveller also can ask to make a full payment of the booking immediately.
3. STAY TAX
According to the Law of stay tax of the Republic of Croatia, the Traveller is obligated to pay sojourn tax along with his/her payment for accommodation. Sojourn tax as regulated by the Law on sojourn tax of the Republic of Croatia amounts from 2 to 7 kn per person per day for adults. Adolescents from the age of 12 to just before their 18th birthday are entitled to a 50% discount, while children under the age of 12 are exempted from paying sojourn tax. The final amount of the sojourn tax for a specific reservation is determined by the destination in the Republic of Croatia as well as the dates of the accommodation and is calculated according to these General Terms and payment of the final amount of the tourist service. The reservation calculation will include the amount required for sojourn tax. The amount of the sojourn tax will not be included in the reservation calculation and the Traveler will be required to pay the amount in question upon arrival at the accommodation unit.
The price of the service includes the basic service as described in the price list for the accommodation unit and the reservation includes: daily rental of allocated units, bed linen, equipped kitchen (unless it is a room rental without kitchen) with the necessary dishes, water expense, gas and electricity costs. The service rates are listed in Euros. The Agency reserves the right to change the listed rates. The Agency guarantees the accommodation rate, which the Traveller paid as a deposit for a specific reservation, listed in the calculation on the basis of which the deposit was paid. Should rate changes occur prior to the deposit being paid, the Agency is obligated to inform the Traveller of these changes.
Should the number of people for the reserved accommodation unit exceed the number indicated on the travel documents (voucher), the service provider has the right to withhold services for unannounced travelers or allow all Travellers and request additional payment for unannounced Travellers on the spot.
5. THE AGENCY'S RIGHT TO CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS
The Agency reserves the right to make changes regarding reservations in the event of circumstances which cannot be predicted, avoided or removed as natural disasters, war, death, etc. A reserved accommodation unit can only be switched with prior notification by the Traveller for an accommodation unit in the same category or in a higher category at the price at which the Traveller confirmed the reservation.
In the event that a replacement accommodation unit cannot be arranged, the Agency reserves the right to cancel the reservation by first notifying the Traveller no later than 7 days prior to the beginning of the service date and guarantees a full refund of the paid amount. If an adequate replacement unit is not available on the day of the commencement of the service, the Agency will make an effort to provide the Traveller with information on the possibility of an alternative arrangement which is not part of the Agency's offer or will refund the Traveller for the full amount paid for the reservation.
6. THE TRAVELLER'S RIGHT TO CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS
In the event that the Traveller wishes to change or cancel a reservation by the Traveller himself/herself, he/she must do so in writing (by e-mail or fax). Changes can refer to the number of people or the names of the travelers, the date of the commencement and/or end date of the service and must be made no later than 30 days prior to the beginning date of the service in question. The first reservation change, if possible without added expenses, will be made free of charge. For each additional change a fee of 5,00 Euros per change will be charged. If a reservation change is not possible and the Traveller gives up the confirmed reservation, the cancellation terms listed below apply.
Reservation changes for accommodations units and all other changes within 30 days of the beginning of the reservation as well as for the duration of the reservation will be considered a cancelled reservation.
For fixed confirmed reservations for private accommodation units, the date on which the written cancellation is received represents the basis of the calculation of costs as follows:
- for a cancelled reservation up to 15 days prior to the beginning date of the service - 20% of the total amount of the reservation
- for a cancelled reservation 14-9 days prior to the beginning of the service - 50% of the total amount of the reservation
- for a cancelled reservation 8 to 2 days prior to the beginning of the service, 80% of the total amount of the reservation
- for a cancelled reservation 1 day prior to the beginning of the service, or if the guest does not come, or cancels inside the booked period, the 100% of the total amount of the reservation price.
For fixed confirmed reservations for hotel accommodation units, there are special conditions of cancellation. The date on which the written cancellation is received represents the basis of the calculation of costs as follows:
- for a cancelled reservation up to 30 days prior to the beginning date of the service - 30% of the total amount of the reservation
- for a cancelled reservation 29-22 days prior to the beginning of the service - 50% of the total amount of the reservation
- for a cancelled reservation 21 to 8 days prior to the beginning of the service, 80% of the total amount of the reservation
- for a cancelled reservation 7 or less days prior to the beginning of the service, 100% of the total amount of the reservation price
In the event that the Traveller does not arrive by midnight on the beginning date of the service and did not previously inform the Agency or service provider, the reservation will be canceled and the corresponding cancellation fees will be charged according to the abovementioned terms.
In the event that the Traveller must cancel a reservation, the Agency offers the Traveller the chance/possibility of finding a new Traveller/User for the same reservation if possible (this depends on the service provider), wherein the Agency will only charge for the actual cost of the replacement. The new reservation holder assumes all of the obligations of these General Terms and Conditions.
Eventually payments and obligations toward Traveller´s Agency will pay only through the Bank account transfer. Should the actual costs of the cancellation exceed the above listed fees; the Agency reserves the right to charge the actual costs.
7. AN OBLIGATION OF THE AGENCY
The Agency is responsible for providing services as well as selecting the service provider while respecting the rights and interests of Travellers in accordance with the traditions of the tourism industry. The Agency will fulfil all the above mentioned obligations as described except in circumstances beyond its control (Article 1), and will then proceed as described in Article 5.
8. OBLIGATIONS OF THE TRAVELLER
The Traveller is obligated to:
- have valid travel documentation and respect and abide by all customs and foreign exchange regulations of the destination country
- abide by house rules of the accommodation units as well as cooperate with the service providers in a well-intentioned manner
- give the document which confirms payment of service, (the Voucher received by e-mail or by post), to the course representative, host, upon arrival, and pay the eventually difference in the price added on the Voucher
- enquire whether or not he/she requires a visa for the destination country as well as neighbouring countries
If the Traveller does not follow these regulations, he/she will be held responsible for any expenses or damages. By confirming a reservation, the Traveller is obligated to pay the service provider on the spot for any damage(s) he/she may have caused.
The Agency is not responsible for lost or damaged property or stolen property or valuables kept in the accommodation unit (renting a safe if possible is recommended). Lost or stolen property is reported to the accommodation provider or local police station.
10. HANDLING/FILING COMPLAINTS
If the quality of the services provided is below-standard, the Traveller can request compensation by filing a writing complaint. Every Traveler has the right to file a complaint for paid services which were not provided. Each traveler - reservation holder must file a complaint separately.
- The Traveler is obligated to file a complaint on the day of his/her arrival at the location of the service provider (receptionist or accommodation unit owner and the like) and to inform the Agency office in Zadar either by email at email@example.com or by phone at +385/23/377208. The Traveller is obligated to cooperate with the Agency representative as well as with the service provider in a well-intentioned manner so that the cause of the complaint can be resolved. Should the Traveller not accept the proposed solution which corresponds with the service rendered on the spot, the Agency is not obligated to take additional complaints into consideration
- If the problem is not resolved on the spot following an intervention, the Traveller is obligated to submit a written complaint along with supporting documents as well as any photographs to support the complaint to the agency by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Agency address, no later than 30 days following the return of the Traveller from his/her trip. The Agency shall only take into consideration fully documented complaints which are received within the 30-day deadline.
- The Traveller who don't complain the service immediately on arrival, or during the stay, loose the right for any refund.
- The Agency is obligated to resolve the complaint inside of 15 days after receiving. The Agency can ask other, and not more than, 15 days if necessary, to make more verification or take other information needed to resolve the complaint.
- Until a decision has been made by the Agency, in other words for the duration of the 15 days after the complaint has been filed, the Traveller relinquishes the right to involve a third party, the arbitration of the UHPA or other institutions, publicly disclosing information as well as filing suit.
The highest amount of compensation per complaint can amount to the complaint portion of the service and cannot encompass the used portion of the service or the total amount of the service. This excludes the Traveler's right to be compensated for ideal damages.
Payment of the amount of compensation per complaint is made by Agency directly to the bank account of the Traveller.
The Agency cannot be held responsible for climate conditions, cleanliness, and the temperature of the sea, or crowds, as well as similar situations and events which can result in the dissatisfaction of travelers and are not a direct result of the accommodation unit (for example a lack of snow, bad weather, improperly maintained slopes or beaches, crowds, lost or stolen property and the like.
11. COURT JURISDICTION
The Traveller and the Agency will aim to settle possible law suits in the application of this Agreement and if an agreement cannot be reached the issue will become subject to the decision of the Zadar Court jurisdiction, under the authority of the laws of the Republic of Croatia.
Putting down a deposit, in other words, payment in full signifies that the Traveller fully comprehends and accepts the aforementioned terms.